Saturday 25 January 2014

On Radio 4's Saturday Live

Did you hear Saturday Live on BBC Radio 4 today? Simone Ridyard and I were interviewed about Urban Sketchers, and the joys of drawing together in sketchcrawls.
• My book Sketch Your World is published now and available online and at good bookshops
• The London Urban Sketchers are exhibiting at Timberyard cafe, 7 Upper St Martin's Lane, London, until March. News of our next sketchcrawl will be posted at www.urbansketchers-london.blogspot.co.uk
• I have a small display of drawings and prints on show at Skylark Gallery 2, on the first floor of Oxo Tower Wharf, on London's South Bank, until the end of February. I'm there signing books on Friday 31 January from 6pm to 8pm, so come along
• Visit the wider Urban Sketchers community at www.urbansketchers.org
• And follow me on Twitter @jameshobbsart and on Facebook: www.facebook.com/sketchyourworld
• Oh, and there are more of my images on my Flickr site. That's definitely the last bullet point.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

A friend phoned to let me know that you and Simone were on the radio talking about Urban Sketchers. I put it on and thought you both did very well in conveying the pleasures of sketching and being involved in USking. I liked the point you made about the immediacy of exchanges and so I dashed off a quick sketch of phone, radio and iPad, and uploaded it on to Flickr and USk. Out here in Swansea, it's great to have these links with the wider sketching world. Talking of which, I love your book and am delighted you feature so many exciting sketchers.